Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Paint Color, Closing Date, and Drywall issue

So I swung by the house last night.  Found a couple guys finishing up with adding the corners to the drywall.  My garage looks like a cabinet and door factory vomited in there.  Exciting to be at that stage where stuff starts going in.
Looks like we have a projected closing date of January 9th.  33 days and counting.   
For those that pay attention to my blog, this is the color my wife picked out for Ryan to paint (instead of "Asylum White")  It's in the "yellow" family, but I don't see it.  Then again, I am "color ignant".

This is a pic I took in the Master Bedroom.  It appears a sheet of drywall with a rather large chunk missing went up and the solution is to tape it and then fill it with mud.  Ummmmm, NO.  Already sent to PM a "if that's the plan, change the plan" email. 

This is a pic my wife took of the recently opened model with our cabinets (in our floor plan, Ravenna).  The pic doesn't show off the butterscotch glaze.  These cabinets are a tad outside our "comfort" zone, but wanted something different then the Cherry cabinets we have had for years now.  With our flooring and counter choice, I think it will all come together nicely. 

8 comments:

  1. Love the paint color! It will look good with any decor. You are right about the cabinet photo. It doesn't do them any justice. They look like standard white cabs in the pic but that butterscotch glaze is beautiful in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint color too! It's going to look great! I'm starting to wonder if we should spring for something other than asylum white, too! Keep us posted on what the PM says about the drywall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JBY,
    I considered how many gallons of paint I will need and the time to paint the whole house and considered the upgrade cheap in the long run. With a nice color on the walls, I can concentrate on adding some trim or painting an accent wall here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color - very similar to what we are considering for our family room and master bedroom. They paint our walls a slight off white color and we had no option for anything else. Guess I need to hit Sherwin Williams to pick out paint. We settle on the 30th and I will start painting that weekend. We plan to move in the Tuesday after New Years, so I will have a long weekend ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe your drywall issue, but I'm sure they'll make it right. I can't wait to see your cabinets. We opted for the run of the mill maple :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the cabinets, we came very close to choosing the same - but in the end I gave in and let shawn have his maple...I will probably regret that choice after we move in - and especially after seeing your finished kitchen. Wow 33 days is nothing...and I also cannot see the yellow in that paint..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talked to PM and verified the drywall will be cut out and replaced. handled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lookin Gooood!!!!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete